Categories

Tuesday, 24 December 2013

CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE!

Merry Christmas everyone! This time, I intend to write less but share more pictures because sometimes picture says it all. 

I love Christmas! Actually it would be more appropriate to say I love every kind of festival. Whether it is the festival of Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, or Christian or any other religion, I like to celebrate everything. Last time, I was telling my best friend- 'When I have my own family, we will celebrate every festival of every religion'.
'Even Christmas?' He asked.
'Yea, we will even get Christmas tree'.

When I was at University, I had friends from different religious and cultural backgrounds. It was great opportunity to learn about their lives and religion more in detail. It's fascinating how people believe in same thing but in different styles. I personally don't associate myself with any religion but I love festivals whatever religion it is of. 

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS:
Since a month before Christmas, Hannover was decorated like a newly wed bride. It was a wonderful feeling. Though day had become shorter, I had started to love night even more because of all the decorations. The Christmas market started from just in front of my house. The surrounding was very atmospheric. I don't know whether it is because of Christmas time or just Christmas market, the road was very crowded. Sometimes it was hard to pass through, especially when I was returning from work and couldn't wait to get home to talk to my mother. Even with that, cheerfulness on people's face would make my day. It looked like all of the sudden, all the bad gumption have disappeared from the world, leaving only happiness and friendship. Here are some pictures I captured throughout my first Christmas in Hannover. 

Christmas tree decoration in front of my house, Hannover
Christmas tree decoration in front of my house

House decoration
House decoration
Christmas Market in Central station, Hannover
Central station Christmas Market at night
Christmas lights on roof
Christmas lights on roof
Christmas Market
Christmas Market

House decorated with lights
House decorated with lights
More Christmas lights
More Christmas lights

Most popular Christmas decoration in Hannover
Most popular Christmas decoration in Hannover
Me in my House party
Me in my House party

CHRISTMAS MARKET:

Our work group's trip to Christmas Market with our super cool Supervisor

Chocolates in the shape of different mechanical instruments
Chocolates in the shape of different mechanical instruments

Small Ferris wheel in Christmas market
Small Ferris wheel in Christmas market
Panoramic view of Market from Ferris wheel







Main entrance of the Market
Fire place in the market.


FOOD AND DRINK:
Glühwein
Trying some hot wines
Christmas dinner in my institute's party



Christmas dinner
Christmas dinner in UK sent by my mother